7.12.09

christmas present galore!

First up, Fetching for my sister-in-law to go with the Star Slouchy Beret that I made earlier in the year.





Yarn: This is some wool/cotton blend in a beautiful chocolate brown.

Needle: US 9

this really is a quick knit. And it can be worn on the neck or to keep your ears warm.


I just adore the color and want more!!!


The boys and I experimented with Shrinky Dink paper. We have done the same project with #6 recycled plastic from to-go containers. I really like how they turned out much better than these. These have a kind of gritty quality to them.


The boys used permanent markers and made these lovely creations that they are going to be turning into necklaces for the grandmothers.


The nice thing about Shrinky Dinks is that you can put computer images on them, which you can't do with the plastic.





I love the samurai guy. these are all destined to be embellishments on knit and sewing projects for Christmas/ the future.


We also made glycerin soaps yesterday.

We scented them with vanilla, honey, peppermint, or lemon verbena.

We also used honey, dry milk, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.


And we dyed part of them some fun colors!!



The boys got a little carried away with the dye in these. I hope that they don't stain anyone's hands.


They are all going as Christmas presents as well.


And last but not least, a coin purse. This is a knitting and sewing project. This material came from JoAnn Fabrics (sorry, can't remember the brand name...???).


All you do is knit a 4 x 7 inch rectangle. Get a 7in zipper. Cut some material, slightly smaller than knitting and put them together. Well, leethal tells it better. Check it out over at her website!!
The pattern is in the webzine.


I had to add a little material to mine. Evidently cutting fabric at 5AM isn't smart. Still looks cool though. It now has that quilted effect.


I used some of the leftover yarn from the Quickie cowl. I plan on making two more brown ones and a green one with the leftover yarn from Fetching. I am going to embellish each with one of these lovely Shrinky Dink designs. I'll show you what that looks like, hopefully, later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment