26.2.09

A February sweater and some mail

Finally photos of my February Lady Sweater!

Buttons from Christmas button stash 2008.

It came out a little longer and thinner than I thought that it would be but really it is fine by me. I did have difficulty photographing myself in this. Every picture I took made me look pregnant. Weird, cause this one makes me look tall and skinny.
Here's the details:

Project : February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Started / completed : 1 -22 February 2009
Yarn : Dream in Color Classy (color : Nightwatch)
Needles : size 8
Buttons : metal from some store in Michigan
Overall very happy with this knit. The lace pattern seemed to take forever but the sleeves just flew along which helped. And I managed to finish the February sweater in February. Go me!
When I showed my husband this sweater he commented on me picking out sweaters that hang open. Well I hate to tell you hubby but I have one more sweater in the works that hangs open. Next up, the garter stitch swingy sweater.
Yesterday I got goodies in the mail! My order from Knit Picks. A new size 1 fixed circular needle with a 47" cable, a package of 47" cables and one of 60" cables, 7 balls of Comfy in Pomegranate for the garter stitch sweater and 8 balls of Shine Sport in Butter for a Runway Bolero.
The yarns are gorgeous and so springy especially the butter colored yarn. I can't wait to cast on with these. However the pomegranate Comfy has me a little worried. I was expecting a yarn that was a bit thicker. This stuff is pretty thin, just slightly thicker than the sport weight butter yarn. Hope that it works out with the size 9 needles the pattern calls for because I really liked this color for the sweater.
yummy yummies!
A note about the cables: If you have read a certain past entry you would have caught me ranting about the cables from knit picks. These cables feel completely different than the ones that I have. They are soft and more flexible. I really like them, I just hope they stick together a little better than the others.


I also got my first fat quarter from Sew, Mama, Sew!'s swap! How cool is that! This is a little bigger than the quarters that I sent out. I hope they don't mind. It has me a little worried now.
And my Heartening is almost finished. I just need to do the ribbing around the sleeve openings. So maybe some FO pictures of that tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a perfect fit! Love those buttons.

    ReplyDelete