Mods so far: I only decreased two times to get my waist shaping instead of the 4 that the pattern called for. Also I increased from the waist 3 times instead of 4.
My row gauge is off as well. I am going to get about 3 repeats of the cabling done instead of just two. Which is fine by me, it is looking great.
PROBLEM: There is an error in the cabling chart on the 18th row. The last two sets of cables are backward. So if anyone else is planning on making this keep that in mind.
It is turning out to be a rather quick knit. I can hopefully have this done and be wearing it next week. I was worried that it might take a bit to complete and that I would have to wait until next fall to wear this gorgeous thing.
My mom's sock is coming along as well. I am nearing the gussett. We will see how that goes. If you are looking closely, the toe is different than the last shot of this. I didn't like the squareness of the other toe and the more I knit on it the more it bothered me. So rip it went. I am so glad that I did. This toe flows with the spirals so much better. It is the toe from the embossed leaves socks done in reverse with no purl bumps, just the increases. The end of the increases matches up perfectly with the start of the left slants of the spirals.
Mom is going to wear these to death as well. Hoorah!