19.2.09

mom's socks

My mother wears out handmade socks!!! Yeah! I think that my mom needs more socks for her birthday since she appreciates them so much. So I got on ravelry and bought what I thought was some Koigu. But it came in this bag.

Makes no never mind to me. The yarn is scrumpcious! I mean look at this stuff and it feels wonderful in the hands!

So of course I had to start the socks right away. I am basically using the Swirl sock pattern by Sulafaye. They were designed for DK weight yarn and size 4 needles. I am adopting the pattern for a size 1 needle and fingering weight yarn. So far I am going with 64 stitches for the sock. It may change once I try them on my mom. But I am going to get the swirl going before I let her try them on. So I may be ripping these if they don't work out and trying again. But I don't care I just had to get started!!





1 comment:

  1. isn't it scrumptious to get that sundara in the mail...always a surprise...with such beauty!

    ReplyDelete